Many of us know Lindsay Dodge as a long-serving and dedicated member of the Garden Club of Denver, who joined in 2003. What you may not know is that she is also a member of the Garden Club of Honolulu (TGCH). Lindsay was thrilled when invited to join TGCH in 1997, as she had many close friends who were members. She was particularly interested in learning more about floral design and conservation. When her husband, Dave, retired from banking in Hawaii, they decided it was time to expose their children to life on the mainland. They were drawn to Colorado because of the many outdoor recreation opportunities our state has to offer. She says the move was a wonderful choice for the family, and it was all the better when she was invited to become a member of Garden Club of Denver!
Since becoming a member of GCD, Lindsay has chaired numerous club committees and served as GCD President from 2012-14. She has also taken on many roles with GCA, including serving as a Zone Rep twice, as the Zone XII Chair, and as GCA’s Historian. Some of her fondest memories include working on flower shows and special projects.
Born in Virginia, Lindsay was raised in Hawaii. After two years of college in Virginia, she returned to the islands to pursue her interest in public health. Shortly after transferring to the University of Hawaii, she met Dave on a blind date, and they just recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. As a professional, Lindsay earned a master’s degree in public health and has held a variety of leadership positions in health care administration. She is also the proud mother of two sons, both of whom live in Denver. Her older son was married this past summer and her younger son just bought his first home.
What Lindsay loves most about GCD are the incredible friends she has made over the years. She admires the intellect, professionalism and graciousness of her co-members and is grateful to once again be meeting in person with everyone.
- Favorite flower: Plumeria – as a child she had plumeria trees in her yard and loved stringing leis
- Something you may not know: Lindsay’s mother bred Scottish Terriers and Lindsay showed them in the ring
- One thing she can’t live without: Dark chocolate and red wine (she couldn’t pick one)
- Last book she read: Rules of Civility
- Most admired person: Elizabeth Dole
- Greatest passion: Travel – the more exotic the better
- Something she drags her feet on: Going to the gym for weekly weight training classes